Answers to the most frequently asked questions.

What are your fees?

My standard fee for individual therapy or couples counseling is $180 per 50 minute therapy hour. I offer a few lower fee spots in my practice.  Inquire about availability if interested.

My group therapy fee is $70 per hour.

Do you take insurance?

I am an out-of-network provider which means that I do not bill insurance companies directly. But you may be be eligible for reimbursement through your insurance plan’s out-of-network mental health benefits, medical spending, or health care savings accounts.

Because health insurance plans and benefits vary, we recommend you give your health insurance customer service number a call and inquire about your out-of-network mental health benefits to understand what percentage you may be reimbursed if you work with us.

If you choose to use your insurance, ask me for a monthly superbill (an itemized medical receipt) for you to submit to your insurance company for out-of-network reimbursement directly. Please note that you will be responsible for payment at the time of service.

Do you do phone sessions?

I also phone sessions in lieu of online video sessions for those who for whatever reason find this more comfortable or convenient.

How do I inquire about individual, couples or group therapy?

Contact me via email to inquire about scheduling an appointment.  I provide a free 15 minute phone consultation for those who would like one.

What is your cancellation policy?

I have a 48 business hours cancellation policy.  If you cancel prior to 48 hours ahead of our scheduled session, there will be a full fee charge.

What do I need for video counseling? 

A laptop, desktop but smartphone can work well for online video counseling. I use a platform called Thera-Link (see Telehealth setup) and if you choose to use your phone you will need to download an app.  There are special instructions you will need to follow for the best technical experience for you and your therapist (see Telehealth setup).

I don't live in California.  Can I still work with you?

Because I am licensed to practice therapy in the State of California, I can only practice therapy with residents of California.  If you have a question that you're simply looking for feedback on, I do offer one-time Emotional Health / Relationship Consultation services on my other site where I relay thoughts and a suggested plan of action in more of an educational format; not psychotherapy.

Are you Ok? Do a Self-Check

There is a lot going on in our world.   I heard someone say recently, “the world is on fire” while observing …

10 Ways to Undermine Your Relationship

These are tough times and more than ever, couples need each other to stay grounded and emotionally secure.  Ideally, they …

14 Ways to Stay Sane and Connected During the Pandemic

Well into 2020, though the virus rages there is light at the end of the tunnel.  But the collective stress, worry, fear …